Thursday 25 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY TWENTY-FIVE // Merry Christmas Everyone!

Evening guys and a very very merry Christmas to you all, I can't imagine too many of you will be reading this on Christmas Day but if you are then I hope you're having a magical day with as much food, family and lovely gifts as possible! I was going to pre-write this and schedule it for today, but I'm glad I didn't as I'm currently sitting by the fire with my family watching Scrooged waiting for our Christmas dinner to be ready! I thought as a little post for today I would walk you through my routine for my Christmas Day. 
There was some serious damage done to our front room this morning!
We tend to wake up around half seven, but this year I didn't make it out of bed until well after 8.15. I blame my over excited festivities last night, as I spent a wild Christmas Eve in bed watching Disney films after work. After waking up my family converge in my parents room to ensure that they're awake and equally excited for opening presents. Then we head down to our living room where we open our 'Santa' presents and my parents open their presents to each other. This year I was lucky enough to have Santa bring me a DSLR, along with a whole pile of other things that I have definitely not been 'nice' enough to deserve. I'll probably do a post on what I got over the next couple of days. 

My younger sister was sitting investigating her presents.
Then we get dressed and ready and then we head out to my Grans, my Dad's mum- to have a big Christmas breakfast with the entirety of my Dad's family- including cousins, their children, aunts, uncles and loads of other relatives. After breakfast we exchange our presents between the different family members there- and I get to see my little cousin open her presents, which I love as she is still totally invested in the idea of Santa. 
My little cousin was looking very very pretty in her 'Christmas Dress' this morning!
Around half twelve we went home- then we headed down to our local pub, which is a five minute walk away from our house, for a drink and to pick up my Mum's mum. There's usually a whole bunch of my parents friends there and the general mood is so lovely.

Disney films by the tree are a pretty picturesque way to spend Christmas Day
After this we'll troop back to my house with both my Grans and just generally mooch around while my Dad makes dinner, it used to be then that my Sjster and I would play with our toys when we were younger, but generally we just watch films now. I've already seen Nanny McPhee and Scrooged this afternoon and I'll probably take in another film this evening.

My sister and my Gran at the dinner table
And now I'm just about to have dinner, then we'll open the last few remaining presents under the Christmas tree- and maybe after this we'll go to a friends but chances are we will all fall asleep on the sofa at varying times in the evening. 
My mum, and my Dad's mum both enjoyed the festivities too!
I have had a truly lovely day and I hope you have too- a very Merry Christmas to you all, and to all a good night! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik