Thursday 4 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY FOUR // Cookie Recipe!

Evening everyone, today's post is shaking things up a little as I'm actually posting a little recipe for you guys. Now I am aware that Shortbread is hardly an incredibly complex concept but hey, I thought I'd start simple and there is still a high possibility that I could mess this up! (I'm writing the intro to this post whilst I wait for the dough/batter to chill for 20 minutes in the freezer, but spoilers!) 

Let's get into it. 

Cookie Stars (makes 12)

You will need;
200g Plain Flour
175g Caster Sugar
175g Butter
50g Corn Flour 

and also.. 


and most importantly!

*You will also need Nutmeg, Sugar to sprinkle and a Rolling Pin*

Method

Step One
Combine your butter and sugar together!


When complete, it should be light and fluffy!


Step Two 
Now you have to add your flour. I added the cornflour and half the plain flour first, then added the second lot of plain flour once I had combined it a little!


Step Three 

Take your butter/flour/sugar mix and dump it onto the table or surface you are using, there won't be any need to flour it! Then it's time to get your hands dirty and shape the mixture into a ball.


This then gets stuck into the freezer for 15-20 minutes, or into the fridge for 30.


Step Four 
Once chilled, you're going to need to flour your surface and place your ball of mixture onto it!


Step Five 
Roll your mixture and begin cutting stars out!


Step Six 
I cut out a variety of shapes and sizes (not always deliberately!) and placed them onto my baking tray!


Step Seven
Sprinkle with Nutmeg and granulated sugar!


Then place in the oven to bake! 

Step Eight 
Once my cookies were out of the oven, I left them to cool a little and then iced some in some festive(ish) colours! 
(Dislaimer- this is a terrible photo, they look and taste great in real life!) 

If you guys liked this style of post then +1 it or leave me a comment, until tomorrow- bye guys!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik