Sunday 21 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY TWENTY-ONE // My Christmas Traditions

Evening guys, sorry this is a late one tonight- it's been a busy day! I had a shift at work and then had a mad rush to get the last few things I needed for Christmas Day. With the exception of gift tags and some bows, I am totally there with my preparations!  I thought I'd do a little rambly post about the things that I do every year for Christmas, both on the day and in the weeks leading up to it. 

First off, every year I make sure that I bake some sort of little gift for our neighbours, and this year is no different as I've made our four neighbours who live closest home-made mince pies, the recipe for which I posted a couple of weeks ago and I'll link here x. It only costs a few pounds to do it and they always love receiving them! 

Not all of my favourite traditions involve being such a lovely citizen, as my next tradition involves me sitting, surrounded by piles of wrapping watching the Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special. This is a little bizarre but I have been completely obsessed with how brilliantly it represents an actual proper British Christmas, so for the last five or so years, I sit- with a pile of presents to wrap- and watch the episode. This can be repeated as often as I want, which is usually several times. 

My final little tradition that I do every year is that on Christmas Eve, my sister and I are allowed to open an 'annual,' which in recent years has tended to be more of a magazine or a book. It's not really a Christmas present but it does give us something to do on Christmas Eve and since we've been doing it since before my little sister was born, it's a nice little tradition regardless of what we receive. This year I'm getting the Hobbit special edition of Empire, so I can read up on everything Tolkien related before I FINALLY get to see the last instalment of the Hobbit trilogy.

I'll be back tomorrow with a longer post for you all but until then, have a lovely Sunday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik